Natural is always better
There are a few alternatives to choosing natural stones for paving areas inside and outside your
home. Some might say that concrete paving is essentially the most practical and cheap
alternative to paving with natural stones. However, we would like to present you with an
alternate and more informed view of things.
First, we would just like to state some of the common uses of stone paving for residential and
- Stone paved patios
- Providing a stunning look and an anti-slip surface around pool areas with stones such as Bluestone
- Can be cut as elegant table tops for dinner tables of all sizes and front desk at commercial establishments
- Steps and stair treads can be equipped with smooth bullnose edge pavers
- Pathways leading to the house from driveways and street edges can be lined with beautiful slabs of natural stone that require minimum maintenance
- These are just a handful of applications that we would like to state for now, but as you can imagine there is hardly any area that a natural stone paver cannot uplift
Choosing the right natural stone:
We have no objections against concrete paving and we point our customers in the right direction
if that is what they choose to work with. However, with the rapidly developing technology in
production and logistics, natural stones are being made available at prices like never before. No
matter what the theme of your home decor is, there is a perfect stone paver waiting to be cut to
Furthermore, Natural stone paving has an everlasting charm that in most cases, matures like
fine wine. While concrete like products can appeal to a highly practical customer, natural stone
paving has been carried out since centuries. And it must be noticed that most of those
structures can still be seen standing around the world such as in countries like Rome and
Why choose Premier Pavers & Stone?
- We not only provide paving material but also help you find the right landscaper and designers based on your design and budget requirements
- Our extensive reach caters to suburbs from Richmond all the way to the Mornington Peninsula
- Team of highly qualified and experienced personnel with a keen eye for details
- Proud partners of Landscaping Victoria
- Working with some of the most reliable suppliers from all over the world
If you’re considering to get any type of paving done, or would just like to give your home the
face-lift that it deserves, look no further than Premier Pavers & Stone.
Porcelain is one of the most diverse materials available to man. It can be crafted to many items all the way from frying pans to tiny figurines. It was only about time that builders and interior designers saw the immense potential for this material to be used in paving indoor and outdoor areas.
The process of making Porcelain requires extreme care and meticulous techniques. This stone is crafted by baking a mixture of sand, clay and a few other minerals, in a severely heated kiln. The result is a marvellous stone that is durable and non-porous. Furthermore, the clean look of Porcelain offers a post-modern appearance to your indoor and outdoor areas, complimented by a mesmerising collection of colours and patterns.
The Porcelain stone offers a plethora of advantages such as incredible breaking strength, low maintenance, a smooth texture and much more, making this stone a very sought after product in Australia and in beautiful homes all over the world. Unlike some of the other materials, Porcelain requires very little maintenance that is considered negligible in the grand scheme of home maintenance. At least one thing that can take care of itself can’t be too bad. The smooth texture of porcelain allows it to be rid of dirt or algae sticking on to it. However, it should also be noted that we offer an anti-slip surface on our Porcelain pavers, leaving no space for injuries in the case of rains or around pool areas.
Porcelain pavers are truly multi-purpose and can be used in:
- Parking lots
- Pool areas
Furthermore, Porcelain paving can replace any type of paving while preserving its natural shine and shimmer. This type of paving is available in several styles that carry the persona of natural stones such as:
- Basalt stone
- Blue stone
- Slate stone and much more
Why Choose Premier Pavers?
- Premier pavers offers quality products that are sourced from reliable partners and crafted in Australia by an highly experienced workforce.
- We cater to all the suburbs from Richmond to Mornington Peninsula, offering seamless service before and after completion of the project
- Premier Pavers has a large warehousing capacity and maintains a wide variety of paving materials, available in all sizes and colours
- Extensive experience in the paving industry that extends through friendly and flawless customer service. We are always motivated to do better
- Proud partners of Landscaping Victoria. Multiple affiliations with highly talented landscapers and designers across Victoria
Look no further if you feel that Porcelain is the stone for you. We would love to sit down and have a quick chat with you to discuss the endless possibilities.
Contact us at Premier Pavers to arrange a demonstration of the water-sensitive solutions our Porcelain Pavers offer.
Considering paving for your home or commercial property can prove to be a daunting task. Unlike installing a new piece of furniture or purchasing new equipment, paving is a long term consideration that will impact several factors such as aesthetics, ease of access, functionality and even brand image to name just a few.
In case of commercial properties, the scale of each aspect is magnified to greater proportions. Therefore, business owners and planning authorities need to consider long term benefits and maintenance considerations that will accommodate both property evaluations and environmental considerations. Whereas when it comes to home paving, the spectrum of aspects that paving can affect are seen to be fewer but crucial for home owners, one of the strongest aspects being the re-sale value of homes.
Here we list a few tips that can shape the process of smart paving:
- Defining the cause
Before commencing to look for any paving companies or materials, the primary step is to gauge the actual requirement by analysing the cause of why paving is necessary, and also the outcomes that are expected from it. This understanding is critical to define a budget and make the whole process from selection to review run efficiently.
- Choosing the paving material This is probably one of the more exciting parts of a paving plan. Decisions regarding this aspect of planning revolve around several aspects such as the look and feel of the property, permeability, future re-sale value and much more. It is always recommended to hire a professional paving company to assist you with the planning phase. However, some prior research goes a long way in adding your inputs to the whole process.
- Choosing the right people Choosing the right people for the job is very important. This decision can be made on the basis of the company’s track record. A company with satisfied customers is the right way to go, as often there are several suppliers who make claims of great quality and craftsmanship but end up delivering only half of it.
- Fixing a budget An ideal budget is one where you get what you want at a price that doesn’t set you back too much. However, it is important to consider that in case of paving, the benefits are long term and not very obvious at first. Investing in the right company with the right resources goes a long way in ensuring that you don’t end up spending too much for maintenance in the years to come.
Paving is a process that requires careful planning and considerations. We sincerely hope this article can add a dimension of pragmatic thought into your planning process.
For more information, visit our website www.premierpavers.com.au or call us directly on 03 9248 2400. Premier Pavers is happy to offer free product samples to help you ensure that there will be no compromise on quality.
- Defining the cause
The arrival of permeable pavers has been a breakthrough in water-sensitive strategies. At Premier Pavers, we enjoy showing this very workable option to customers. We can demonstrate how rapidly water is removed from the surface so customers can see for themselves how effective they are.
More recently, we have included an exciting new range of pavers made from porcelain which offer further improvements. Produced by a leading manufacturer of glazed porcelain tiles with more than 39 years’ experience, our porcelain pavers are an eco-friendly solution that can solve multiple problems for homes, outdoor spaces, walkways, parking areas and roads.
They can be installed easily in your front yard and provide a suitable solutions for community parks and gardens, around swimming pools, in sports centres and public spaces such as railway stations and shopping centres.
Porcelain pavers allow water to drain away fast and provide an attractive, solid surface that is also:
- Easy to clean
- Virtually maintenance free
- Does not require sealant
- Available in a wider range of colours
- Resistant to fading
- Perfect around pools
- Slip resistance to Australian safety standards
- 150% stronger than other pavers
The design of these pavers means they can be installed over concrete slabs, grass, gravel and even as a raised floor using pedestals. This makes them a very versatile option for the home renovator, design professional, landscape gardener, municipal councils or anyone who wants to create safer, more eco-sensitive paving solutions.
Contact us at Premier Paver s to arrange a demonstration of the water-sensitive solutions our Porcelain Pavers offer.
When we order porcelain paver samples for customers, they are shipped across very carefully.
They are packaged in safe crates and tracked at every stage.
As you can see, lots of foam is used to protect the porcelain paver samples in the safe crate.
All this to ensure that the samples survive the journey intact.
And how did they look when they came out of the crates?
Visit our showroom in Cheltenham, Victoria, to see them in person!
Here are some close ups of the newest samples in our porcelain paver range.
This porcelain paver has a grey cement look.
This porcelain paver has an off-white cement look.
This porcelain paver has a slate stone look.
This porcelain paver has a quartzite look.
This porcelain paver has a basalt stone look.
Porcelain pavers are perfect for any project!
They never need to be sealed.
They don’t fade.
They are antislip.
They are easy to maintain.
Use them for driveways, alfrescos, for around pools, for patios, pathways and under your pergola!
The possibilities are endless!
Contact us to find out more about our range of porcelain pavers and how they can help solve your paving dilemmas!
For many areas of Australia, flooding is a major problem.
As climate change intensifies, more and more regions will experience heavy rainfalls followed by lengthy dry spells.
We have always been a land of drought and flooding plains, and if the current weather predictions are accurate, this will only get worse.
How can we plan to manage this kind of deluge in our urban areas?
One solution is to combine areas of bioswales with areas of permeable pavers.
In Sydney, the New Dawn Centre for Social Innovation, has created a low-impact development that includes both bioswales and permeable pavers in and around their parking area.
This kind of innovation creates a larger drainage area that helps reduce flooding issues.
This is not the only advantage of this type of landscape design: an additional benefit is that contaminants are filtered by the garden areas and pavers before the stormwater reaches waterways.
When you are planning your next parking area, consider incorporating bioswales and Premier Hydropavers ® permeable pavers. Premier Hydropavers ® are strong enough to drive on, and are available in numerous colours and sizes that will enhance any design concept. Contact the team at Premier Pavers and Stone to find out more about these technologically advanced pavers and how they will transform your next project.
Every now and then deliveries may be delayed.
Recently there was a typhoon in China, which seriously damaged one of our suppliers factories. This caused a delay in our shipment. When we say damaged, we mean that the storm literally destroyed an entire building! Take a look at the video below…
Gratefully, it is very rare for our shipments to be delayed due to extreme weather events like these. But if it does happen we endeavour to keep our customers informed at every step along the way.
Here are some more photos from one of our suppliers of the destruction caused by the recent typhoon:
If you have any questions about your order, or about ordering pavers in general, please contact us . We are here to help!
While there are many materials to choose from, adding pavers around your swimming pool can be beneficial to both homeowners, and those who are set to enjoy hours of fun splashing around. If you’re making the decision on what to cover your outdoor area with, nothing can really compare with the quality of natural stone and concrete pavers. Based on our longstanding experience in the industry, Premier Pavers & Stone has years of experience in creating the highest quality pool paving.
Not only can pavers create a natural-looking environment for everyone to enjoy, but they can also withstand the effects of both chlorinated and salt-water pools. With this being said, there are many reasons why people opt for pool pavers in the landscaping of their outdoor pool areas.
Why Use Pavers Around Your Pool
- Affordability : Pool pavers are a very cost effective alternative to other means of covering your outdoor area. Not only are they cost-effective to install, but they also require less expensive maintenance than other materials.
- Durability : Installing pavers around the pool are a good way to ensure the durability of your outdoor area. Pavers have the ability to withstand wear, pressure and damage, making them perfect for tackling the elements.
- Strength: The right type of paver for your pool area will be strong enough to withstand the effects of foot traffic, furniture and water splashing. They will also be strong enough to withstand the effects of chlorine and salt water, giving you peace of mind about the rate your pavers will wear and tear.
- Easy installation: Installing pavers can transform any outdoor space, plus they are extremely affordable and simple to install around the pool. Using pavers is economical, while allowing you to create patterns with shapes, sizes and colours to suit your landscape design.
- Non-slip surface: One of the key advantages of pool pavers is the peace of mind that they are slip resistant. It is so important when installing a pool, to know that safety of your family comes first. Pavers can ensure that all your guests will be safe when playing and walking around the pool.
- Easy to repair : The great thing about pavers is that they can be easily repaired and replaced. Instead of pulling up the entire floor, single pavers can simply be removed and replaced. Pavers are a very cost effective material when it comes to maintenance and repairs.
- Versatile: Pool pavers come in such a wide variety of colours and shapes that the design possibilities are endless. An assortment of pavers can create a range of looks that will suit your pool area. Pavers are available in various colours, textures, shapes and sizes, which means that you can basically create designs from scratch.
What Type of Paver to Use Around Your Pool
After you have made the decision to pave your pool area, there are still a number of other factors to considered. There are a number of types of pool pavers that can be used to compliment your outdoor area.
As a paving material, Bluestone is extremely durable, environmentally friendly and very popular. These pavers are designed to be safe and attractive for people of all ages. Sandpapered twice with a #200 grit sandpaper, our #400 grit Bluestone has anti-slip properties that are perfect for any pool area.
The best thing about concrete pavers is that they allow you to enjoy a sophisticated and decorative finish. Our concrete pavers are a perfect fit for any outdoor setup, as we allow you to customise the colour and finish to suit your pool area.
If you are looking for pavers with the least amount of maintenance, choose porcelain pavers. Porcelain pavers are UV resistant, and have a slip resistance of R11. They don’t need to be sealed, and are easier to keep clean than concrete or natural stone.
Travertine brings a sense of elegance and sophistication to any outdoor space. Because they are cooler under foot than concrete, bluestone or granite, travertine has become a very popular choice, favoured for its stylish design and timeless finish. These pavers are an ideal fit for any outdoor feature wall or floor space, providing an easy to sweep, non-slip surface.
Planning Your Pool Paving
When planning to pave your pool, we can provide you with the peace-of-mind you deserve. Premier Pavers & Stone sources its products from the very best manufacturers worldwide. Based on our long-standing experience in the industry, we ensure that our stone is of the highest quality possible. We provide the confidence to you that our pavers will be superior in style, durability and performance.
Experience the Premier Difference
- Stocks available to pick up at our showroom
- Life-time guarantee
- Advises from experienced team members
- landscapers are available if required
- Discount offered for bulk buying
Bluestone pavers are a fantastic addition to any home. Bluestone is a beautiful material to work with. It offers natural variation, subtle elegance and is incredibly versatile.
Some of Melbourne’s most iconic buildings and landmarks, including the Old Melbourne Gaol and Princes Bridge have been constructed out of bluestone and that’s because it offers so much on both a functional and aesthetic level.
For the most part, using a broom or blower to remove any dirt, debris, or grime from your bluestone pavers will be all that is required to keep them looking good as new.
However, if you have had your bluestone for a long period of time, some extra cleaning may be required. So, here a few pointers on keeping your bluestone pavers in tip-top shape.
The Basics On Cleaning Bluestone Pavers
To give your pavers a once over, all you need is water and a high-pressure water cleaner. There’s no need to lug around heavy buckets of water, or crawl around on your hands and knees scrubbing away at your paving—let your high-pressure cleaner to do all the work for you!
Step It Up A Notch
If your bluestone pavers are looking a little tired you may want to consider giving them a more intensive clean. This may involve a little bit more elbow grease, but the results are incredible, especially if you have had your bluestone pavers for a while.
For more intensive cleaning, we recommend products that are designed both for the particular stain that you’re trying to eradicate, and for bluestone itself. So, your best bet is to call our showroom so that we can recommend a cleaning product that is safe for natural stone, and tailored specific to your need, whether this be grout marks, timber stains, rust stains, or tyre stains.
Regardless of which cleaning product we recommend for your needs, always ensure that you use it according to the manufacturers instructions—dilute the cleaning product exactly as the instructions state, apply it using the recommended method, and never leave it on your pavers longer than necessary. In addition, it’s usually not a good idea to carry out this type of cleaning on a hot day – if the cleaning solution dries into the bluestone, your pavers could be left with strange marks and discoloration.
If you follow all this advice, the top layer of grime, dirt and debris should come away very easily. All you’ll need to do is give your pavers a quick hose down, and your patio will be looking as good as new.
HOT TIP: Never clean bluestone with HCl (Hydrochloric acid). HCI can cause the iron and ferrous minerals that are naturally found in bluestone to react and rust.
Prevention is Better Than Cure
Like so many things in life, prevention is often better than the cure. So, keep your bluestone looking its best, we recommend that you have it sealed. Sealing your pavers makes cleaning easier. You can either purchase sealer from us and apply it yourself, according to the manufacturer’s instructions, or contract a professional to do the sealing for you.
So, there you go, that’s all the information you need to keep your bluestone pavers in perfect condition for as long as you need them. Of course, if you get the pavers from the professionals at Premier Paver’s we’ll make sure you receive all the advice and after-sales care information that you’ll need to keep your bluestone at its best.
Experience the Premier Difference
- Stocks available to pick up at our showroom
- Life-time guarantee
- Advises from experienced team members
- landscapers are available if required
- Discount offered for bulk buying
Travertine pavers are a fantastic choice for anyone looking to add a special element to their outdoor area. Travertine carries a natural warmth and vibrancy whilst giving your outdoor area all the individuality that rusticity brings. The beauty of travertine is in its imperfections, the pits and holes that have been created by water vapour seeping out of hot springs.
Travertine is an incredibly versatile material, owing to the variety in thicknesses that are available. As a result travertine can be used for anything from an attractive covering to a sturdy paver for a driveway.
Travertine is made naturally so it is a far more environmentally conscious choice than man-made alternatives. Travertine also gives you the ability to easily replace and update your look. If a paver cracks or breaks it is very easy to find a tile that will match your existing look, meaning you don’t have to go through the expense of replacing your entire set of pavers.
The top six uses of travertine pavers are:
1. Give Your Retaining Wall a Facelift
If you have a brick or stone retaining wall that is looking a little tired or dull, why not give it a whole new look by refacing it with some travertine tiles. A travertine paver retaining wall will give you natural variation whilst retaining a consistency in colour and warmth. You can even create a variety of looks, from sleek to rustic, by selecting either heavily pitted or relatively smooth travertine pavers.
2. Stay Cool Around the Pool
There’s nothing better than sliding into the pool on a hot day, but there’s nothing worse than burning your feet on hot tiles when you get out. Travertine naturally reflects heat, meaning it will stay cool and be the perfect sunbaking bed on the hottest of days. The natural texture also means that the travertine pavers are non-slip.
3. Make Your Stairs More Than Just Steps
For a truly remarkable outdoor area, every element has to contribute to the final aesthetic. Stairs and steps within your garden need to be about more than creating a path between separate levels. You can add stained and decorative travertine to your treads while the texturing will make the stairs far easier to navigate after a bout of rain.
4. Give Your Home a Grand Entrance
Travertine pavers are perfect for creating a beautiful pathway to your home. A pathway to your front door makes your entry far more homely, as each step down your travertine path takes you closer to all the comforts of your sanctuary. You can continue the theme by creating a front patio that frames your front door.
5. Turn Your Backyard Into A Living Space
An alfresco area, a gazebo or a patio are all perfect ways to increase your living space. Travertine pavers will allow you to create a strong visual point to organise your backyard around as well as giving you an attractive, durable, non-slip surface to drink, barbecue, relax and socialise on.
6. Create an Outdoor Kitchen
A barbecue is an essential part of an Aussie backyard, but why not take things one step further and give yourself an outdoor kitchen. Travertine tiles and pavers are the perfect way to create a sink, fridge and BBQ unit that will allow you to cook outside in style and add some value to your home.
Travertine is undeniably a beautiful look. It has the ability to convey warmth, elegance and rusticity all at the same time. While travertine can be a more expensive option than concrete and other alternatives, it is sure to give you years of enjoyment.
So, if you’re thinking about an outdoor makeover or are in the process of building a new home make sure you devote some time to travertine. It’s the perfect way to adorn your home with the beautiful variations that only nature can produce.