Premier Hydropavers® are 100% ceramic pavers, perfect for roads, parking areas, driveways, public footpaths, pedestrian precincts, garden paths, and patios.
Premier Pavers & Stone is pleased to bring Premier Hydropavers®, a range of totally permeable pavers, exclusively to Australia. The need for hard surfaces that allow water to drain naturally has increased substantially. Modern construction requires a modern response. Increased extremities in weather mean an increased likelihood of flash flooding and other extreme weather events.
Premier Hydropavers® provide the perfect response to rainfall, whether it’s a light shower or a heavy downpour. You don’t have to worry about finding a hiding spot for that unsightly drain because the pavers act as the drain. The permeable material allows the water to pass through the pavers and go into the soil, replenishing our groundwater stocks and assisting in the hydration of surrounding plants.
Premier Hydropavers® truly are a modern response to a modern problem. They provide a flexible construction option whilst being an eco-friendly alternative to current paving options. They will also increase the safety of your paved area, by reducing puddling and they also act as a surface temperature regulator, making them perfect for cramped urban spaces where heat can be easily trapped.
Laying permeable pavers is remarkably similar to laying regular pavers on a crushed rock and sand base. In conjunction with Nic van Diemen we have produced a comprehensive guide for you. Contact us, and we will email this guide to you.
Watch our video about Ceramic Permeable Premier Hydropavers®
What are the benefits of using permeable pavers?
Click the “Read More” below to view full list of benefits of using Permeable Pavers
- Super high level of permeability: Premier Hydropavers ® are 100% permeable across their surface and function as a sponge. The initial 5mm of rain is absorbed within the paver and returned to the atmosphere via evapotranspiration. Additional rainfall permeates through the Premier Hydropavers® at the rate of 25mm/minute.
- Lifetime sustainability: Premier Hydropavers® are permeable pavers manufactured entirely from recycled ceramic material and require zero raw material extraction.
- Cost efficient: The use of Premier Hydropavers® minimises the need for stormwater drains and cuts costs accordingly. In addition, ease of obtaining planning approval helps to reduce interest and holding costs, while savings are made in the longer term due to low maintenance requirements.
- Safety and comfort: Rainwater seeps into Premier Hydropavers® rather than ponding, greatly reducing the risk of slipping. Premier Hydropavers® have a non-slip surface that has a British Pendulum Number of a minimum of 65 – particularly relevant around pool areas. Premier Hydropavers ® will also reduce sun glare and night reflection.
- Noise reduction: The patented permeable structure of Premier Hydropavers ® can absorb vehicle noise and city hubbub, contributing to a peaceful environment.
- Easier planning approval: As the demand for permeable paved areas increases, Premier Hydropavers® make it easier to satisfy and meet local permeability quotas. In accord with the values adopted in Article 3 of the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change, councils are stipulating that water saving solutions must be applied in all paved areas.
- Eco-friendly: The entire surface of Premier Hydropavers® acts as a drain, thereby preserving water and preventing erosion. Water can quickly and naturally flow through the pavers, returning to the soil to improve plant growth and recharge the subgrade or soil.
- Strength: Premier Hydropavers® have compressive strength >50 MPa while breaking load strength for 300x300x55 pavers is 20kN and 10kN for 200x100xx55 pavers.
- Easy maintenance: Premier Hydropavers ® require the same maintenance regime as any other paved area. They can easily be swept or cleaned by domestic pressure wash and there is no joint clogging. The patented structure allows the pavers to keep their permeability with minimal attention.
- Urban Heat Island: Evaporation of water from the pavers can help regulate surface temperatures and humidity, mitigating the urban heat island effect.
- Range & Warranty: Premier Hydropavers ® are available in a variety of attractive colours and sizes, including tactile pavers to regulation standard. Being a ceramic product that has been fired at 1200°C, Premier Hydropavers® will maintain their colour indefinitely and carry a lifetime warranty
Premier Hydropavers® are currently in stock in the following colours:
- Dark Grey
The sizes that are currently available include:
Other colours that can be ordered in include:
Other sizes that can be ordered in include:
Other sizes and colours may be able to be ordered in. Please contact us for more details and to discuss your projects requirements.